This year more than ever, the most frequently asked question we hear from our clients is what is Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and how can it help my business?
First, let’s define it.
Search engine optimization is the process of improving the quality and quantity of website traffic to a website or a web page from search engines. SEO targets unpaid traffic rather than direct traffic or paid traffic.*
Second, how does it benefit your business?
Essentially, SEO helps your website become more visible, and that means more traffic and more opportunities to convert prospects into customers.
Whether you’ve implemented SEO efforts for your business website or if you are just getting started, it can be a major driver of traffic and leads to your website. These five quick tips will help get you started and drive organic traffic.
- Know your audience, write relevant and quality content optimized for SEO and update regularly. Whether it’s content on each page of your site or blog posts, it’s important to keep your content fresh and catered to your audience.
- Improve your website loading speed by optimizing images.
- Use a responsive and mobile-friendly design.
- Fix broken links. A broken link is a link that no longer works because the website is experiencing either: 1) the destination web page has been moved or no longer exists, or 2) the URL for the link is invalid and has been entered incorrectly.
- Create a Google My Business listing and frequently update it.
There are many more tips that will allow you to optimize your SEO efforts but they are a bit more technical and require backend website knowledge and expertise to maximize your efforts. The best way to approach your SEO project is to have an expert complete an SEO audit on your website. This will set you up with a baseline to know where you stand on current SEO search rankings, reporting, and results and what you need to work on to gain additional SEO benefits for your site. Lastly, if you would like to dive in further on your own and in your spare time, I suggest this book by Bruce Clay.
At Sublime, our core philosophy is to help our clients form a strategic marketing direction and structure to work from whether that’s building a brand, developing a website, or jump starting SEO. Then, we strive to empower our clients giving them the tools and knowledge to grow their business through strategic marketing efforts (especially if resources are limited). Give us a call or drop us an email if you’d like us to help you build a strategic marketing plan and foundation for your business.
*Source: Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Search_engine_optimization